- American College of Physicians and the Investigators of the PORT Study, 1994. Guidelines for medical treatment for stroke prevention. Ann Intern Med 1994; 121:54-44.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke rt-PA Stroke Study Group. Tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke. N Engl J Med 1995; 333:1581-1587.
- Hallenbeck J, Dutka A. Background review and current concepts of reperfusion injury. Arch Neurol 1990; 47:1245-1254.
- Clark W, Madden K, Rothlein R, et al. Reduction of central nervous system ischemic injury by monoclonal antibody to intercellular adhesion molecule. J Neurosurg 1991; 75:623-627.
- Albers G, Atkinson R, Kelley R, et al. Safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of the N-methyl-D-aspartate antagonist dextrorphan in patients with an acute stroke. Stroke 1995; 26:254-258.
- Davis SM, Albers G, Diener H, et al. Termination of acute stroke studies involving selfotel treatment. Lancet 1997; 349:32.
- The Intravenous magnesium Efficacy in Stroke Trial Investigators. Magnesium for acute stroke: randomized controlled trial. Lancet 2004; 363:439-445.
- Saver J. The field administration of stroke therapy—magnesium phase III trial. Ongoing clinical trials abstracts. International Joint Conference on Stroke and Cerebral Circulation, Feb 4, 2005.
- Lesko L for Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and the Cerestat Stroke Study Group. A pivotal phase III efficacy and safety study of Cerestat (apotiganel HCl/CNS 1102) in acute stroke patients: 1996 update. Presented at the 22nd International Joint Conference on Stroke and Cerebral Circulation, Anaheim, CA, Feb 8, 1997.
- Albers G, Clark W, Atkinson R, et al. Dose escalation study of the NMDA glycine-site antagonist ACEA 1021 in acute ischemic stroke. Presented at the 22nd International Joint Conference on Stroke and Cerebral Circulation, Anaheim, CA, Feb 8, 1997 .
- Sacco R, DeRosa J, Haley E, et al. Glycine antagonist in neuroprotection for patients with acute stroke: GAIN Americas: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2001; 285(13):1760-1761.
- Clark W, Ertag W, Orecchio E, et al. Cervene in acute ischemic stroke: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-comparison study. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 1999; 8:224-230.
- Clark W, Raps E, Tong D, et al. Cervene in acute ischemic stroke. Final results of a phase III efficacy study. Stroke 2000; 31:1234-1239.
- Hantson L , Wessel T . Therapeutic benefits of lubeluzole in ischemic stroke. Presented at the 23rd International Joint Conference on Stroke and Cerebral Circulation, 1998.
- Wahlgren N. The clomethiazole acute stroke study (CLASS): efficacy results in a subgroup of 545 patients with total anterior circulation syndrome. Presented at the 23rd International Joint Conference on Stroke and Cerebral Circulation, Orlando, FL, Feb 7, 1998.
- Lyden P, Shuaib A, Ng K, et al. Clomethiazole Acute Stroke Study in ischemic stroke (CLASS-I): final results. Stroke 2002; 33(1):122-128.
- Horn J, Haan R, Vermeulen M. VENUS—very early nimodipine use in stroke: preliminary trial results. 24th American Heart Association International Conference on Stroke and Cerebral Circulation, Nashville, TN, 1999.
- Teal P, Rombout F, Rodriquez M, et al. Repinotan in acute ischemic stroke: a randomized exposure controlled trial. Presented at the 26th International Stroke Conference, San Antonio, TX, Feb 2001.
- Teal P, Lyden P, Kaste M, et al. Effects of Repinotan in patients with acute ischemic stroke. (mRECT). Presented at 14th European Stroke Conference, Bologna, Italy, May 2005.
- From the quarterly conference calls. MaxiPost-mortem. FDC Reports Pink Sheet 2001; 63(18):22.
- STIP AS investigators. Safety study of tirilazad mesylate in patients with acute ischemic stroke (STIPAS). Stroke 1994; 25(2):418-423.
- Stroke Therapy Academic Industry Roundtable. Recommendations for standards regarding preclinical neuroprotective drug development. Stroke 1999; 30:2752-2758.
- Lees K, Sharma A, Barer D, et al. Tolerability and pharmacokinetics of the Nitrone NXY-059 in patient with acute stroke. Stroke 2001; 32:675-680.
- Lees K, Zivin J, Davalos A, et al. Preliminary results of SAINT I. Presented at the European Stroke Conference , May 2005 .
- Furlan A, Higashida R, Wechsler L, et al. PROACT II: a randomized trial of intra-arterial prourokinase for acute ischemic stroke of less than 6 hour duration due to middle cerebral artery occlusion. JAMA 1999; 282:2003-2011.
- The Enlimomab Trial Investigators. Use of anti-CAM-1 therapy in ischemic stroke: results of the Enli-momab acute stroke trial. Neurology 2001; 57:1428-1434.
- Ginberg MD, Busto R. Combating hyperthermia in acute stroke: a significant clinical concern. Stroke 1998; 29:529-534.
- Becher K. Anti-leukocyte antibodies: LeukArrest (Hu23F2G) and Enlimomab (R6.5) in acute stroke. Curr Med Res Opin 2002; 18 (suppl 2):s18-s22.
- Abciximab Emergent Stroke Treatment Trial (AbESTT) Investigators. Emergency administration of abciximab for treatment of patients with acute ischemic stroke: results of a randomized phase 2 trial. Stroke 2005; 36(4):880-890.
- The Fiblast Safety Study Group. Clinical safety trial of intravenous basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF, Fiblast) in acute stroke. Presented at the 23rd International Joint Conference on Stroke and Cerebral Circulation, Orlando, FL, Feb 7, 1998.
- Clark W, Schim J, Kasner S, Victor S. Trafermin in acute ischemic stroke: results of a phase II/III randomized efficacy study. Neurology 2000 ; 54 : A88 .
- Clark W , Warach S , Pettigrew L , et al. A randomized dose response trial of citcoline in acute ischemic stroke patients. Neurology 1997; 49:671-678.
- Clark W , Williams B , Selzer K , et al. For the Citicoline Stroke Study Group . A randomized efficacy trial of citicoline in acute ischemic stroke patients. Stroke 1999; 30:2592-2597.
- Clark W , Wechsler L , Sabounjian L , Schwiderski U . A phase III randomized efficacy trial of 2000 mg Citicoline in acute ischemic stroke patients. Neurology 2001; 57:1595-1602.
- Davalos A , Castillo J , Sabin J , Clark W . Oral citicoline in acute ischemic stroke. Stroke 2002; 33:2850-2866.
Was this article helpful?
Prevention is better than a cure. Learn how to cherish your heart by taking the necessary means to keep it pumping healthily and steadily through your life.
Get My Free Ebook