Future Research Directions For Rehabilitation Of Patients With Apds
- Additional randomized control trials are needed to determine the efficacy of rehabilitation across the short and long term.
- An investigation of the relationship between functional gains and the impact on quality of life is needed.
- The relationship between impairment-level gains and change in function needs to be examined.
- The critical aspects of treatment that lead to improved function and quality of life need to be identified.
- Guidelines are needed to categorize which patients are "responders" or "non-responders" to rehabilitation and which patients benefit from a compensatory vs a restorative approach.
Was this article helpful?