Answers in Appendix B
Determine which five of the following statements are false, and briefly explain why.
- A single sagittal section of the body can pass through one lung but not through both.
- It would be possible to see both eyes in one frontal section of the head.
- The knee is both superior and proximal to the tarsal region.
- The diaphragm is ventral to the lungs.
- The esophagus is in the dorsal body cavity.
- The liver is in the lateral abdominal region.
- The heart is in the mediastinum.
- Both kidneys could be shown in a single coronal section of the body.
- The peritoneum lines the inside of the stomach and intestines.
- The sigmoid colon is in the lower right quadrant of the abdomen.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.
Get My Free Ebook