When you have completed this section, you should be able to
- describe the properties that most connective tissues have in common;
- discuss the types of cells found in connective tissue;
- explain what the matrix of a connective tissue is and describe its components;
- name 10 types of connective tissue, describe their cellular components and matrix, and explain what distinguishes them from each other; and
- visually recognize each connective tissue type from specimens or photographs.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.
Get My Free Ebook