Intercellular Junctions Glands and Membranes
When you have completed this section, you should be able to
- describe the junctions that hold cells and tissues together;
- describe or define different types of glands;
- describe the typical anatomy of a gland;
- name and compare different modes of glandular secretion;
- describe the way tissues are organized to form the body's membranes; and
- name and describe the major types of membranes in the body.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.
Get My Free Ebook