Testing Your Recall
- Which of these is not a paranasal sinus?
- frontal b. temporal c. sphenoid d. ethmoid e. maxillary
- Which of these is a facial bone?
- frontal b. ethmoid c. occipital d. temporal e. lacrimal
- Which of these cannot be palpated on a living person?
- the crista galli b. the mastoid process c. the zygomatic arch d. the superior nuchal line e. the hyoid bone
- All of the following are groups of vertebrae except for_, which is a spinal curvature.
- thoracic b. cervical c. lumbar d. pelvic e. sacral
- Thoracic vertebrae do not have a. transverse foramina.
- costal facets.
- spinous processes.
- transverse processes.
- The tubercle of a rib articulates with a. the sternal notch.
- the margin of the gladiolus.
- the costal facets of two vertebrae.
- the body of a vertebra.
- the transverse process of a vertebra.
- The disc-shaped head of the radius articulates with the_of the humerus.
- radial tuberosity b. trochlea c. capitulum d. olecranon e. glenoid cavity
- All of the following are carpal bones, except the_, which is a tarsal bone.
- trapezium b. cuboid c. trapezoid d. triquetrum e. pisiform
- The bone that supports your body weight when you are sitting down is a. the acetabulum.
- the pubis.
- the ilium.
- the coccyx.
- the ischium.
- Which of these is the bone of the heel?
- cuboid b. calcaneus c. navicular d. trochlear e. talus
- Gaps between the cranial bones of an infant are called_.
- The external auditory canal is a passage in the_bone.
- Bones of the skull are joined along lines called_.
- The_bone has greater and lesser wings and protects the pituitary gland.
- A herniated disc occurs when a ring called the_cracks.
- The transverse ligament of the atlas holds the_of the axis in place.
- The sacroiliac joint is formed where the_surface of the sacrum articulates with that of the ilium.
- The_processes of the radius and ulna form bony protuberances on each side of the wrist.
- The thumb is also known as the
_and the great toe is also known as the .
20. The arch of the foot extends from the heel to the great toe.
Answers in Appendix B
Saladin: Anatomy & I 8. The Skeletal System I Text I © The McGraw-Hill
Physiology: The Unity of Companies, 2003 Form and Function, Third Edition
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.
Get My Free Ebook