Testing Your Recall
- To make a muscle contract more strongly, the nervous system can activate more motor units. This process is called a. recruitment.
- incomplete tetanus.
- The is a depression in the sarcolemma that receives a motor nerve ending.
- T tubule b. terminal cisterna c. sarcomere d. motor end plate e. synapse
- Before a muscle fiber can contract, ATP must bind to a. a Z disc.
- the myosin head.
- Before a muscle fiber can contract, Ca2+ must bind to a. calsequestrin.
- the myosin head.
- Skeletal muscle fibers have , whereas smooth muscle cells do not.
- T tubules b. ACh receptors c. thick myofilaments d. thin myofilaments e. dense bodies
- Smooth muscle cells have_, whereas skeletal muscle fibers do not.
- sarcoplasmic reticulum b. tropomyosin c. calmodulin d. Z discs e. myosin ATPase
- ACh receptors are found mainly in a. synaptic vesicles.
- terminal cisternae.
- thick filaments.
- thin filaments.
- junctional folds.
- Single-unit smooth muscle cells can stimulate each other because they have a. a latch-bridge.
- diffuse junctions.
- gap junctions.
- tight junctions.
- calcium pumps.
- Warm-up exercises take advantage of
_to enable muscles to perform at peak strength.
- the stress-relaxation response b. the length-tension relationship c. excitatory junction potentials d. oxygen debt e. treppe
- Slow oxidative fibers have all of the following except a. an abundance of myoglobin.
- an abundance of glycogen.
- high fatigue resistance.
- a red color.
- a high capacity to synthesize ATP aerobically.
- The minimum stimulus intensity that will make a muscle contract is called
- A state of prolonged maximum contraction is called_.
- Parts of the sarcoplasmic reticulum called_lie on each side of a T
- Thick myofilaments consist mainly of the protein_.
- The neurotransmitter that stimulates skeletal muscle is_.
- Muscle contains an oxygen-binding pigment called_.
- The_of skeletal muscle play the same role as dense bodies in smooth muscle.
- In autonomic nerve fibers that stimulate single-unit smooth muscle, the neurotransmitter is contained in swellings called_.
- A state of continual partial muscle contraction is called_.
20 ._is an end product of anaerobic fermentation that causes muscle fatigue.
Was this article helpful?
This is an audio all about guiding you to relaxation. This is a Relaxation Audio Sounds with sounds from Dusk At The Oasis.
Get My Free MP3 Audio