True And False Physiology
Determine which five of the following statements are false, and briefly explain why.
- If a cell were poisoned so it could not make ATP, osmosis through its membrane would cease.
- Material can move either into a cell or out by means of active transport.
- A cell's second messengers serve mainly to transport solutes through the membrane.
- The Golgi complex makes lysosomes but not peroxisomes.
- Some membrane channels are peripheral proteins.
- The plasma membrane consists primarily of protein molecules.
- The brush border of a cell is composed of cilia.
- Human cells swell or shrink in any solution other than an isotonic solution.
- Osmosis is not limited by the transport maximum (Tm).
- It is very unlikely for a cell to have more centrosomes than ribosomes.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.
Get My Free Ebook