True or False
Determine which five of the following statements are false, and briefly explain why.
- More people get rheumatoid arthritis than osteoarthritis.
- A doctor who treats arthritis is called a kinesiologist.
- Synovial joints are also known as synarthroses.
- There is no meniscus in the elbow joint.
- Reaching behind you to take something out of your hip pocket involves hyperextension of the shoulder.
- The anterior cruciate ligament normally prevents hyperextension of the knee.
- The femur is held tightly in the acetabulum mainly by the round ligament.
- The knuckles are diarthroses.
- Synovial fluid is secreted by the bursae.
- Unlike most ligaments, the periodontal ligaments do not attach one bone to another.
Answers in Appendix B
Was this article helpful?
When you hear the word arthritis, images of painful hands and joints comes into play. Few people fully understand arthritis and this guide is dedicated to anyone suffering with this chronic condition and wants relief now.
Get My Free Ebook