True or False
Determine which five of the following statements are false, and briefly explain why.
- The esophagus is protected from abrasion by a keratinized stratified squamous epithelium.
- All cells of a pseudostratified columnar epithelium contact the basement membrane.
- Not all skeletal muscle is attached to bones.
- The stroma of a gland does not secrete anything.
- In all connective tissues, the matrix occupies more space than the cells do.
- Adipocytes are limited to adipose tissue.
- Tight junctions function primarily to prevent cells from pulling apart.
- Metaplasia is a normal, healthy tissue transformation but neoplasia is not.
- Nerve and muscle cells are not the body's only electrically excitable cells.
- Cartilage is always covered by a fibrous perichondrium.
Was this article helpful?
This ebook provides an introductory explanation of the workings of the human body, with an effort to draw connections between the body systems and explain their interdependencies. A framework for the book is homeostasis and how the body maintains balance within each system. This is intended as a first introduction to physiology for a college-level course.
Get My Free Ebook