- Hanging drop
- Using a young (6- to 24-hour) actively growing 25° C broth culture, place 1 drop of the culture in the center of a 22 x 22-mm coverslip.
- Place a small drop of immersion oil on each comer of the coverslip.
- Invert the coverslip over the concavity of a depression slide.
- Examine with the high dry (40x) objective.
- Semisolid agar deep
- Touch a straight needle to a colony of a young (18- to 24hour) culture growing on agar medium.
- Stab once to a depth of only '/3 to inch in the middle of the tube.
- Incubate at 35° to 37° C and examine daily for up to 7 days.
Was this article helpful?
This fact sheet is designed to provide you with information on Bacterial Vaginosis. Bacterial vaginosis is an abnormal vaginal condition that is characterized by vaginal discharge and results from an overgrowth of atypical bacteria in the vagina.
Get My Free Ebook