- Bastian \ Bowden FJ: Amplification of Klebsiella-]ike sequences from biopsy samples from patients with donovanosis, CUnlnfeaDis 23:1328,1996.
- Byrne GI, Ojrius OM: Chlamydia and apoptosis: life and death decisions of an intracellular pathogen, Nat Rev 2:802,2004.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Recommendations for the prevention and management of Chlamydia trachomatis infections, Atlanta, 1993, Centers for Disease Control.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines, MMWR 51:1,2002.
- Cook RL, Hutchison SL, 0stergaard L, et al: Systematic review: noninvasive testing for Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Ann Intern Med 142:914,2005.
- Dienst RB, Brownell GH: Genus Calymmatobacterium Aragao and Vtarma 1913. In Krieg NR, Holt JG, editors: Berge/s manual of systematic bacteriology, vol 1, Baltimore, 1984, Williams & Wilkins.
- Doyle CK, Labruna MB, Breitsdiwerdt KB, et al: Detection of medically important Ekrlichia by quantitative multicolor TaqMan real-time polymerase chain reaction of the dsb gene, JMolecDiagn 7:504,2005.
- Dumler JS, Bakken JSt Ehrlichia] diseases of human: emerging tick-bome infections, Clin hifeaDis 20:1102,1994.
- Dumler JS, Walker DH: Diagnostic tests for Rodcy Mountain spotted fever and other rickettsial diseases, Dermatol Clin 12:25, 1994.
- Everett KD, Andersen AA: Identification of nine species of the Chlamydiaceae using PCR-RFLP, Int J Syst Bacterial 49:803,1999,
- Everett KD, Bush RM, Andersen AA: Emended description of the order Chlamydiales, proposal of Parachlamydiaceae fam nov and Simkaniaceae fam nov, each containing one monotypic genus, revised taxonomy of the family Chlamydiaceae, including a new genus and five new species, and standards for the identification of organisms, bit J Syst Bacterial 49:415,1999.
- Falsey AR, Walsh EE: Transmission of Chlamydia pneumoniae, JInfectDis 168:493,1993.
- Foumier PE, RaoultD: Suicide PCR on skin biopsy specimens for diagnosis of rickettsioses, J Clin Microbiol42:3428,2004.
- Gaydos CA, Roblin PM, Hammerschlag MR, et al: Diagnostic utility of PCR-enzyme immunoassay, culture, and serology for detection of Chlamydia pneumoniae in symptomatic and asymptomatic patients, J Clin Microbiol 32:903,1994.
- Gaydos CA, Quinn TC: Urine nudeic add amplification tests for the diagnosis of sexually transmitted Infections in clinical practice. CurrOpin Infect Dis 18:55,2005.
- Goldberg J: Studies on granuloma inguinale. IV. Growth requirements of Donovania granulomatis and its relationship to the natural habitat of the organism, Br J Ven Dis 35:266,1959.
- Hackstadt T: The biology of rickettsiae. Infect Agents Dis 5:127, 1996.
- Hammerschlag MR: Antimicrobial susceptibility and therapy of infections caused by Chlamydia pneumoniae, Andmicrob Agents Chemother 38:1873,1994.
- Hogart, RJ, Mathews SA, Mukhopadhyay S, et al: Chlamydial persistence: beyond the bjphasic paradigm. Infea Immun 72:1843, .2004.
- Jensenius M, Foumier PE, Raoult D: Rickettsiose* and the international traveler, Clin Infea Dis 39:1493,2004.
- Johnson RE, Green TA, Schachter J, et al: Evaluation of nucleic add amplification tests as reference tests for Chlamydia trachomatis infections in asymptomatic men, J Clin Microbiol 36:4382,2000.
- Kellogg J: Impact of variation in endocervical specimen collection and testing techniques on frequency of lalse-positive and false-negative chlamydia detection results. Am J Clin Pathol 104:554, 1995.
- Kharsany AB, Hoosen AA, Kiepiela P, et al: Culture oi Catym-matobaderium granulomatts, Clin Infed Dis 22:391,1996.
- La Scola B, Raoult D: Laboratory diagnosis of rickettsioses: current approaches to diagnosis of old and new rickettsial diseases, J Clin Microbiol 35:2715,1997.
- Lepidi H, Fenollar F, Dumler JS, et al: Cardiac valves in patients with Whipple endocarditis: microbiological, molecular; quantitative histologic and immunohistochemica! studies of 5 patients, J Infea Dis 190:935,2004.
- Martin DH: Chlamydial infections, Med Clin North Am 74:1367, 1990.
- McMenemy A: Whipple's disease, a familial Mediterranean fever; adult-onset Still's disease, and enteropathic arthritis, Curr Opm Rheumatol 4:479,1992.
- Musso D, Raoult D: Coxiella burnetii blood cultures from acute and chronic Q-fever patients, J Clin Microbiol 33:3129.1995.
- Faddock CD, Childs JE: Ehrlichia chaffeensis: a prototypical emerging pathogen, Clin Microbiol Rev 16:37,2003.
- Panola F, Paddock C, Raoult D: Tick-borne rickettsioses around the world: emerging diseases challenging old concepts, Clin Microbiol Rev 719,2005.
- Raoult D, Manie "RQ fever, Clin Infect Dis 20:489,1995.
- Relman DA: The identification of uncultured microbial pathogens, J Infed Z3/s 168:1,1983.
- Relman DA, Schmidt TM, MacDermott RP, et al: Identification of the uncultured bacillus of Whipple's disease, N Engl J Med 327: 293,1992.
- Sirigireddy KR„ Ganta RR: Multiplex detection of Ehrlichia and Anaplasma speries pathogens in peripheral blood by real-tj^ reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction, J Moke Dj^ 7:308,2005.
- Walker DH, Valbuena GA, Olano JP; Pathogenic mechanisms Qj diseases caused by Rickettsia, Ann N YAcad Sei 990:1,2003,
- Williams JC, Waag D: Antigens, virulence factors, and biology response modifiers of Coxiella burnetii: strategies for vaccina development, In Williams JC and Thompson HA, editors: Qfn^ the biology o/Coxjella burnetii, Boca Raton, Fla, 1991, CRC Press, additional reading
Black CM: Current methods of laboratory diagnosis of Chlamydia trachomatis Infections, Clin Microbiol Rev 10:160,1997,
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Sexually trans, mitted diseases treatment guidelines, MMWR 51:1,2002.
Dumler JS: Laboratory diagnosis of human rickettsial and. ehrlichia] infections, Clin Microbiol Newsl 18:57,1996."
Evermann JF: Chlamydia psittad; zoonotic potential worthy of concern, Clin Microbiol News! 9:1,1987.
Kuo CC, Jackson LA, Campbell LA, et al: Chlamydia pneumoniae (TWAR), Clin Microbiol Rev 8:451,1995.
Leber AL, Hall GS, LeBar WD: Nucleic acid amplification tests for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonm* hoeae. In Sharp SB, coordinating editor: Cumitech fy Washington, DC, 2006, American Society for Microbiology?
Paddock CD, Childs JE: Ehrlichia chaffeensis: a prototypes emerging pathogen, Clin Microbiol Rev 16:37,2003.
Raoult D, Roux V: Rickettsioses as paradigms of new or emerge ing infectious diseases, Clin Microbiol Rev 10:694,1997.
Was this article helpful?
This fact sheet is designed to provide you with information on Bacterial Vaginosis. Bacterial vaginosis is an abnormal vaginal condition that is characterized by vaginal discharge and results from an overgrowth of atypical bacteria in the vagina.
Get My Free Ebook